Today, I decided to do some baking. We had a ridiculous amount of eggs in the house so I decided to make use of them! These peanut butter and cinnamon cupcakes are really light and fluffy and they taste great.
If you want to know how to make these, then read below! This recipe makes around 16 cupcakes, depending on how high you fill your cases you could probably make more.
What You’ll Need:
150g of Self-raising Gluten-free flour
200g of Caster Sugar
200g of Dairy free butter (I used Pure)
2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon powder
1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder (make sure it’s gluten free)
2 Heaped Tablespoons of Crunchy Peanut butter (around 150g)
1. Preheat your oven to 180°. Measure and mix your sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl. This is easiest when you’re using a soft butter like Pure as you don’t have to wait as long for it to soften. Once you have a smooth sugar/butter paste, add in your eggs and stir.
2. Once you’ve added your eggs, (this might look unappealing in the bowl but don’t worry. It’ll taste great, I promise) stir them in to make a yellowish mixture. Next, measure and sift in your flour, using a sieve to avoid lumps, and add in your cinnamon and baking powder. Fold this in gently so that the flour doesn’t get everywhere. Once it’s mostly been integrated, you can start to mix a little more forcefully.
3. Add in your peanut butter. For me, the more peanut butter you add, the better it’s going to be. You can use smooth if you prefer, but the crunchy peanut butter adds a really nice texture. I found that my butter hadn’t been mixed in that well, at which point I decided to use an electric whisk to make sure it was fully stirred in.
4. Now your mixture is ready, you need to spoon it into your cake cases. Place your cake cases into your muffin tray and use a spoon to distribute the mixture evenly.
5. Place in your preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes. Once done, remove from the oven and allow them to cool on a cooling rack. I’ve left mine plain, but you could easily add some icing, jam or even more peanut butter to decorate these tasty cupcakes!
Let me know what you think of the recipe in the comments section, enjoy!